Friday 6 April 2018

India the final chapter

I'm now on my way home. Can't believe how much has been crammed into two and a half weeks.
We've had highs and lows. The major highlight for me was feeding the elephants as well as all the art stuff in udaipur and the gemstone cutting and block printing in Jaipur. I also enjoyed riding in the tuk tuks and trying the Indian food and drinks.
The lows would have to be the awful train journey and the whole culture shock when I first arrived.
The hardest thing was seeing all the street dogs and knowing there's nothing I can do to help them especially the ones who look at you and you can see the hope in their eyes.
India is a place I could never forget from the constant horns to the Masala chai tea. I couldn't have done it with any other group of people and of course the amazing tour guide we had and the first person I met in India I trusted which was the driver who took me to the elephant and bear place.
The bonus of the trip as well not once did I have the dreaded 'Delhi belly'. Or even feel sick.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you had an amazing time. I think I would find the dogs and children heart-wrenching too. Have a safe trip home

    ReplyDelete