Saturday 31 March 2018

Worst day so far pushkar to udaipur

So today we had another early start to catch the train to udaipur. This time we sat in a different class of the train where the locals tend to sit, which would have been fine for a short journey but we were on it for 6-7hours.
There is no leg room, we sat on what were effectively wooden benches with a cushion which felt just as hard there was three of us crammed on each bench and three opposite. There is no air con on these trains the temperature is 41°c you couldn't even really sleep due to the amount of noise, smells and lack of air.
Since getting off I am severely dehydrated mainly due to the fact I didn't want to drink on the train as everytime the toilet door opened the whole carriage stunk so i didnt like the idea of having to use it. My feet are also swollen so much I can't get my shoes on at the moment.
I'm praying the overnight train we have booked is a better experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment